Here is the link to our ppt from today with all of the information discussed. See you at our LAST MEETING on May 17th. Hours due May 19th.
We will be hosting a drive for Paws for Life Animal Rescue. Like all other drives, one bag of donated items is around .5 a sponsored hour (with the exception of the starred items which will warrant more hours***), with a 2 hour maximum.
All donations will be delivered to Ms. Winstead in room 632. The drive will end Friday 5/12.
- Specific Cat Supplies
- Dry Food: Iams or 4Health Kitten
- Any canned food
- Cat Litter
- Specific Dog Supplies
- Martingale collars (Medium & Small Sizes)
- Grain-Free Dry Dog Foods
- Chew Toys (antlers, hooves, kongs)
- Puppy Training Pads***
- Medium & Large wire metal crates***
- Tractor Supply, Petco, Petsmart, Petmania, Walmart
- New/Lightly used shoes (for a drive they are conducting within their own organization)
Spring Fling at Forest Pines Elementary
Friday, May 5th
email email@example.com to sign up
This will be the last time for this school year that we will be holding a sponsored Brown Bag event. It will be on 5/13 from 10:00am-11:30am. If you haven’t had the chance yet to volunteer at one of these events, make sure to sign up! It is for a great cause that directly aims to fight hunger and poverty in our immediate Wake Forest Community.
This is also a great way to get your final hours, remember they will be due ON 5/19.
Sign up at the following link:
- When? April 24th from 11:00am-6:30pm
- (you do not have to volunteer the whole time, there are two hour slots)
- What? A free paper shredding event
- Where? Parking lot of the Wake Forest Renasissance Centre
Volunteers will help participants unload boxes and bags of paper for shredding.
To sign up and see volunteer slots, click the following link:
Remember: hours are due next month May 19th, so make sure to sign up to get your hours completed!
We need members to go to local businesses and ask if they would be willing to participate in our fun fest. You can contact them via email/phone with information about NHS or, preferably, go to the actual business and talk with them.
NHS would need to physically have all the information about the business’ involvement and plans by April 7th, no later.
They would set up a booth and sell their products (if a food place, they would sell their food–if boutiques or small shops, they would come and sell their small products) with 10% of all sales going to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association/Society. Make sure to give them, or send them, our flyer found here with all of our information.
For your Hours:
You can receive SPONSORED hours for this by bringing the information to an advisor or officer. Roughly one business talked to will correspond to one hour.
Businesses & Volunteer Sign Up:
- Kona Ice, Lilly Mae’s, Harvest Moon, Carolina Biscuit Co, Coach Kennedy (spirit wear booth)
- To talk to one of the above businesses, go to the following link and sign up:
- If you would like to incorporate another business into our fun fest, tell an advisor or any of the officers for more information!
For any questions about this process, contact Savannah Stowe, chair of the Planning Committee & Secretary, at 919-961-7611.
When? April 22nd, 1-4pm
Where? Outside Heritage, Main Gym bus loop
What? Food Trucks, Games, & Auction with proceeds going to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Association/Society.
To see our flyer for more information click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10BfTc8fkDV7HU2O7WNd1aZU8k81UAnIjHAE2uu1_W_o/edit?usp=sharing
How can you help? If you are interested in helping plan this event, come to the planning committee meetings with committee chair and secretary Savannah Stowe. The next meeting will be this Thursday at 7am in Ms. Winstead’s Room in room 632. Remember, all planning committee meetings count toward sponsored hours!!
For any questions on planning committee meetings or information, contact Savannah at 919-961-7611.