What: Brown Bag Ministry Volunteer Event
When: Saturday, September 23 from 10:00am-11:00am
Location: St. Catherine of Siena Trinity Center (brick building behind 520 W Holding Ave. Wake Forest)
Sign up here: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/60b0545a9a829a64-brown
What: Intern Gallery Night
When: Thursday May 4th 6-7pm
Volunteer Times & Positions:
Assist with Set-up Before the Event (Tables & Signs) 4:00-5:00pm
Laptop Set-up before the Event 5:00-5:30pm
Greeters at the Door 5:30-6:30pm
Pictures & Video during the Event 6:00-7:00pm
Refreshment Table (set-up & remain) 5:30-7:00pm
To volunteer send an email to Ms. Williams at email@example.com no later than TUESDAY.
The Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce needs volunteers to help out with their Meet In the Street set for Saturday, May 6th in downtown Wake Forest. Volunteer shifts for the event start as early as set up at 6am to clean up at 6:30pm.
See the link for more information and to sign up for a volunteer slot:
- Sponsored by Project Wisdom, there will be a task each day to promote environmental awareness.
- .5 a sponsored hour for each day you participate in
- To prove participation you MUST post to twitter with the hashtag #hhsgreenthumb @NHSHusky
- Posting to the hashtag will ALSO put you into a raffle done by Project Wisdom.
The Days & Their Requirements:
- 4/24 Meatless Monday
- go the entire day without consuming any meat.
- Post a picture of all of your meals throughout the day to prove you went meatless!
- 4/25 Trashless Tuesday
- Carry around your trash for the day in a bag, the goal is to have the least waste possible!
- Post a picture of your bag at the end of the day
- 4/26 Watch your Water Wednesday
- Bring a reusable water bottle and be aware of your daily water consumption, trying to conserve as much as you can.
- 4/27 Techless Thursday
- Post to the hashtag your battery life at the end of the school day without charging to compete to see who has the highest.
- 4/28 Carpool Friday
- Carpool with an extra person.
Here is the link to our ppt from today with all of the information discussed. See you at our LAST MEETING on May 17th. Hours due May 19th.