The Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce needs volunteers to help out with their Meet In the Street set for Saturday, May 6th in downtown Wake Forest. Volunteer shifts for the event start as early as set up at 6am to clean up at 6:30pm.
See the link for more information and to sign up for a volunteer slot:
- Project Wisdom T-shirt 4/17-4/21
- If you have been wearing your project wisdom t-shirt to promote human trafficking and continue to the rest of the week, this will count toward one enrichment hour! Make sure to take pictures to prove you completed this activity.
- FFA Plant Sale 4/20-4/24
- Going to the FFA plant sale and buying a plant will count toward one enrichment activity. Help support our HHS FFA and practice your green thumb!
- See their twitter for more info: @HeritageFFA
- Project Wisdom Bizarre 4/29
- Hooligans Game of the Week
- Attending the hooligan game of the week will count toward one enrichment hour. See their twitter for more info about posted games: @HH_Hooligans
- Meet in the Street in Downtown Wake Forest 5/6
- Mission Thrift Store (anytime)
- Miracle League (any Sat.)
- Dream League (any Sat.)
- Every Saturday April-May 10am-11am, at Heritage Lower Baseball Fields
- HOSA Triangle Walk to Defeat ALS 4/22
- http://web.alsa.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=12351#.WPfkr_nyvDc or see the HOSA twitter page for more information @heritagehs_hosa or
- Paper Shredding Event 4/24
- Environmental Awareness Week 4/24-4/28
- HOSA March for Babies
- Sign up to walk the 3 mile or 5k to help bring awareness to prenatal care
- Project Wisdom Bizarre 4/28-4/29
- Forest Pines Elementary 5/5
- WF Meet In The Street 5/6
- Paws for Life Animal Rescue Drive (ENDS 5/12)
- LAST Brown Bag Ministry 5/13
- Sponsored by Project Wisdom, there will be a task each day to promote environmental awareness.
- .5 a sponsored hour for each day you participate in
- To prove participation you MUST post to twitter with the hashtag #hhsgreenthumb @NHSHusky
- Posting to the hashtag will ALSO put you into a raffle done by Project Wisdom.
The Days & Their Requirements:
- 4/24 Meatless Monday
- go the entire day without consuming any meat.
- Post a picture of all of your meals throughout the day to prove you went meatless!
- 4/25 Trashless Tuesday
- Carry around your trash for the day in a bag, the goal is to have the least waste possible!
- Post a picture of your bag at the end of the day
- 4/26 Watch your Water Wednesday
- Bring a reusable water bottle and be aware of your daily water consumption, trying to conserve as much as you can.
- 4/27 Techless Thursday
- Post to the hashtag your battery life at the end of the school day without charging to compete to see who has the highest.
- 4/28 Carpool Friday
- Carpool with an extra person.
Here is the link to our ppt from today with all of the information discussed. See you at our LAST MEETING on May 17th. Hours due May 19th.
We will be hosting a drive for Paws for Life Animal Rescue. Like all other drives, one bag of donated items is around .5 a sponsored hour (with the exception of the starred items which will warrant more hours***), with a 2 hour maximum.
All donations will be delivered to Ms. Winstead in room 632. The drive will end Friday 5/12.
- Specific Cat Supplies
- Dry Food: Iams or 4Health Kitten
- Any canned food
- Cat Litter
- Specific Dog Supplies
- Martingale collars (Medium & Small Sizes)
- Grain-Free Dry Dog Foods
- Chew Toys (antlers, hooves, kongs)
- Puppy Training Pads***
- Medium & Large wire metal crates***
- Tractor Supply, Petco, Petsmart, Petmania, Walmart
- New/Lightly used shoes (for a drive they are conducting within their own organization)